Indian women prefer snacking on almondsOn March 2, 2022 by themediafiles
Indian women prefer snacking on almonds
Indian women prefer snacking on almonds to achieve better skin health: YouGov Survey
- Almonds’ high Vitamin E benefit is well recognized by Indian Women
- 59% of women consume almonds daily
- 70% of women identify skin glow as main beauty related benefit of eating almonds
Indian women prefer snacking on almonds: In this fast-paced world and with the growing influx of information, women across the country are aware of how nutrition is closely associated with skin health. The food we eat is as important as the products for our skin, as healthy glowing skin is hard to achieve on a poor diet even with the strictest skincare regime. This is evident in the survey that highlights a shift in consumers’ preferences towards a healthy lifestyle and natural alternatives for daily diet.
- 58% women in India face multiple hair & skin related issues
- 80% of women in India believe that beauty is a byproduct of being healthy
- 1 in 2 Indian women read up about beauty, skin care products and trends
- Over 53% women feel increased intake of healthy foods like almonds in combination with exercise prove to be useful in achieving healthy skin
- 79% women consume almonds daily
- Women associate skin glow (70%), reduced wrinkles (55%), and skin protection from UV (47%) as the beauty benefits of eating almonds
- Over 60% women consume healthy snacks like fruits, dry fruits and recognize the beauty benefits of fruits, almonds & green tea in particular
- 66% women say that Vitamin E is important for healthy skin
- 59% women consume almonds daily, mostly soaked or raw
- 60% women recognize antioxidants play a vital role for beautiful looking skin and almonds are a rich source
According to a recent survey conducted between 7th to 22nd December by YouGov, a research consulting firm, 72% of women in India find healthy dietary changes as an important step for beautiful looking skin.
The quantitative survey by YouGov aimed to assess the correlation between beauty and snacking, and understand women’s snacking patterns for beauty benefits. The survey was conducted amongst a sample size of 3,959 women in cities like Delhi, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Jaipur, Indore, Kolkata, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Hyderabad and Chennai.
As per the survey results, it is important to note that 80% of women in India are of the opinion that beauty shines through by being healthy rather than using topical skincare products. Majority of the respondents feel that having a healthy diet along with relaxing when needed and exercising are key to a balanced lifestyle which thereby results into achieving a healthy skin.
Overall, the results indicate that majority of the females prefer to snack on healthy and nutritious food items such as almonds and fruits as they recognize the beauty benefits of fruits and almonds in particular.
Talking specifically in terms of maintaining a healthy diet, most women see a consequent benefit of achieving beautiful looking skin with home meals, a fibre-rich diet and snacking on nuts like almonds. Almonds have emerged as a top choice amongst Indian women as they associate Vitamin E with better skin health. Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E - thus, almonds are ranked highest on this aspect amongst all nuts. Besides, the survey highlights the fact that 59% of women consume almonds on a daily basis, mostly soaked or raw. This makes almonds the most regularly consumed nut.
Females of the age group 30-39 and Millennials rate almonds highly on aspects such as wrinkle reduction, skin glow and skin protection. Whereas Gen X highly associates consumption of almonds with reduction of wrinkles. This assessment is reinforced by their personal experience as they report having observed positive effects on skin after eating almonds. In fact, those who have been consuming almonds for over 6 months report positive impacts such as skin glow and younger looking skin more than those who started consuming almonds lately.
Commenting on the results of the survey, Sheela Krishnaswamy, Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, said, “It is great to see survey results indicating stronger adoption of the idea that a healthy lifestyle, including healthy snacking, can elevate one’s skin health. Almonds are known to be a rich source of antioxidant vitamin E and deliver essential fatty acids and polyphenols, which make them a great choice. A recent study suggests that almonds can help improve facial wrinkles and skin tone, a finding that supports the belief that almonds promote skin health among survey participants. I encourage women to include them in their daily diet, to support healthier skin.”
With time, people have grown more conscious about their health as well as nutrition. This has been rightly reflected on the survey, where the results show that Indian women are concerned about their appearance and are mindful of what they consume to stay healthy. As per the survey, a healthy diet coupled with regular exercise and sleep is a perfect recipe for a healthy and glowing skin.
(Story: Indian women prefer snacking on almonds)
See Also: Kalaavathi Hits 50 Million Views
You may also like
News Papers & Web Sites _Just One Click
- ఆంధ్రజ్యోతి-Andhra Jyothi
- నమస్తే తెలంగాణ-Namasthe Telangana
- నవ తెలంగాణ-Nava Telangana
- మన తెలంగాణ-Mana Telangana
- ఆంధ్రప్రభ-Andhra Prabha
- The Hindu
- Indian Express
- Deccan Chronicla
- The Wire
- PTI News Agency
- UNI News Agency
- PIB-Press Information Bureau
Best & Hot Lips in the World
Beautiful Eyes in the World
Hot Beaties – Backless Babies
Do You Know How to Wear Saree
- World Digital premiere of ‘Sammathame’ on July 15thBy themediafiles
- Mahesh-Trivikram’s movie to go on floorsBy themediafiles
- Rashmika in hijab-cladBy themediafiles
- Major’s Oh Isha Video Song Is Out NowBy themediafiles
- Chaging Movie TrailerBy themediafiles
- Party Song Of The Year- Life Ante Itla VundaalaaBy themediafiles
- ‘Shekar’ will touch everyone’s hearts: JeevithaBy themediafiles
- Hidimbha First Glimpse OutBy themediafiles
- ‘Thank You’ will be releasing on July 8thBy themediafiles
- Namrata Shirodkar watched Sarkaru vari paataBy themediafiles
Most Viewed Posts
- Pushpa becomes an iconic movie! (themediafiles) (630)
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata Received Unanimous Blockbuster Talk (themediafiles) (371)
- 9 Hours is the next offering on Hotstar Specials (themediafiles) (343)
- ‘Rowdy Boys’ to stream on OTT (themediafiles) (315)
- Prithviraj first song ‘Hari Har’ drops (themediafiles) (311)